How to choose credit card services for your bar
There are many companies that provide credit card services in Texas. This means that finding the right one can be a daunting task. You need to look for a merchant provider that looks out for your unique needs. Here are some key points to consider:
- Find a provider that will offer you a price guarantee. With so many choices, you can’t be wasting your time on companies that never intended to save you money.
- Heavy baseline fees. Watch out for companies that want to penalize you when sales are low. You should seek out a provider that has very low fixed fees.
- Make sure the agreements are in plain English and do not contain any hidden fees.
- Avoid any providers that want to lock you into a long-term contract. Any deal should be month to month. You should be free to leave without penalty if you become unhappy.
- Next day payments. You shouldn’t have to wait weeks to get paid. Make sure the merchant can make timely payments to ensure you maintain healthy cash flow.
- You should have a provider that can offer reliable support. Representatives should be in the United States, or better yet, right here in Texas.
- Finally, its equipment is very important. Make sure that your provider is able to supply you with the latest equipment.
Cutting Edge Equipment
Having effective equipment helps your business run successfully. Customers do not want to be waiting around to pay. You should have reliable devices to process credit card payments at your business.
This could range from simple tablet-based swipers to full-sized POS systems. It all depends on how large your bar is and the type of customers with whom you deal. You should not buy merchant services from a salesperson. Instead, you should be dealing with a provider that functions as a consultant. The ideal provider will help you identify the unique needs of your business. There is no one size fits all when it comes to credit card services. There is a wide range of equipment and software for processing card payments. And it is important that you select what works best for your unique business.
Tiered Pricing or Interchange: Which is right for you?
There are two ways a merchant service provider may charge you. You could either be on a tiered plan or an interchange pass-through plan.
On tiered pricing, you may notice that your merchant statements are difficult to read. This is because all the transactions are lumped together. You only receive two pieces of information. The number of transactions and the total charge for merchant services. You receive no information about the details of these transactions.
The other option is interchange pass-through. This is pricing based on the wholesale prices with which all US credit card processors work. This wholesale price is set by MasterCard Worldwide and Visa USA. They use this to authorize and settle credit card transactions. This becomes the baseline price to which all credit card processors refer. Make sure that your processor is billing you based on the official interchange price.
Why does your bar need a Jukebox?
You might be wondering why your modern bar needs a jukebox. Some people believe they are a relic of the past. But, jukebox companies have innovated to bring them in line with the digital age. The new jukeboxes allow your patrons to select music on their phones. Now the customers at your bar can play the DJ and choose whatever music they like via an app.
AMI jukeboxes offer a more convenient alternative to traditional jukeboxes. It allows bar operators to manage the jukebox. And frees up your time to focus on more business-critical activities. Yet, AMI is not the only option. There is another company that offers a similar service: TouchTunes. But, TouchTunes has reportedly experienced some customer service problems. You may want to consider these before placing their system in your business.
Problems with TouchTunes
A common problem that users have reportedly experienced is their credits being wasted. You can imagine how it would sour the atmosphere of your business if customers felt like the jukebox ripped them off.
Another issue that TouchTunes reportedly experiences is that their credits are reportedly not universal. This means that they reportedly only apply to one business location at a time instead of applying to any business using similar networked jukeboxes.
When a user purchases credits, TouchTunes reportedly imposes a time limit for when the user can spend them.
They reportedly have a feature that allows users to skip ahead of the queue by paying two credits instead of one. Reportedly, the problem is that when everyone else does the same, they end up skipping ahead as well. Sometimes customers are reportedly waiting over an hour to hear their song, all the while developing a bad mood.
Finally, TouchTunes customers reportedly complain about losing credits. Buggy software means that credits are reportedly sometimes lost. It’s not easy for customers to get credits refunded and many give up.
Benefits of AMI Jukeboxes
AMI has been in the jukebox business for over 90 years. Their latest jukeboxes are able to play songs and music videos as well. Besides this, they have built-in advertisement managers. This allows business owners to blend in promotional messages. This could be about daily specials or upcoming events. This means that, for bar owners, jukeboxes can double as an effective marketing tool.
This is one of the unique features that leads so many business owners to select AMI jukeboxes over TouchTunes. The AMI Ad Manager gives business owners the ability to upload custom graphics. But, they are not limited to this because they can also select from over 1,000 professional templates. No matter what you want to promote, there’s a great-looking template that will help. Even with the premade template, you can edit them to match your business’s branding. You can even include your logo in the final graphic.
The AMI app also comes with special geo-fencing features. This lets customers know that there is an AMI jukebox present when they enter your business. The same technology can also send information to customers, so you can alert them to promotional specials right on their phones. This all combines to allow you to create a unique experience for your customers.
Contact us here to find out about setting up your business with a great AMI Jukebox
On August 21, 2018, Tejas Vending, LP, Advanced Computing Solutions LP and Lucky 7 Downloads LLC recently received a Private Letter Ruling (PLR No. 20170927081404) from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
The PLR responds to the following question in the following manner:
Question: Are electronic sweepstakes machines [such as those distributed by Tejas Vending, LP, Advanced Computing Solutions LP and/or Lucky 7 Downloads LLC] operated with a login ID considered coin-operated machines subject to the General Business License and Occupations Tax Permit requirements under Occupations Code Chapter 2153?
Ruling: Electronic sweepstakes machines operated with a login ID are not coin-operated machines subject to licensing and tax permit requirements under Occupations Code Chapter 2153.
This is an important advantage for business owners who are interested in operating legal sweepstakes machines in compliance with Texas law.
With recent raids on bars, convenience stores, and other businesses operating 8-liner machines for which payment is required, this PLR establishes that tax stamps are not required for properly-operated machines programmed to provide free sweepstakes distributed by Tejas Vending, LP, Advanced Computing Solutions LP and Lucky 7 Downloads LLC to promote the sale of music download gift certificates.
The path is clear. Tejas Vending, LP, Advanced Computing Solutions LP and Lucky 7 Downloads LLC are your sources for legal sweepstakes done right. Avoid other providers who throw caution to the wind.
Gambling is illegal in the State of Texas. And yet the video slot machines called 8 liners are becoming more popular. It is not uncommon to see 8 liners for sale all across Texas. All this in spite of their questionable legality. Many 8 liner owners believe they are exploiting a loophole. But, a string of high-profile busts has turned this reasoning on its head.
Recently, Laredo police confiscated 389 8-liner machines from four establishments. This was all part of an ongoing operation to shut down the use of 8 liners for gambling in Texas. It’s important to remember that it is not the machines themselves that are illegal. It is the fact that the owners are paying out cash winnings. This year alone there have been dozens of arrests. Players want excitement. Yet, when 8 liner owners pay out cash, they are vulnerable to prosecution. So what alternatives exist?
While 8 liners are an unreasonably risky option, there is a safer way.
You can offer the excitement of gaming without risking your livelihood, business and freedom. If well set up and managed, sweepstakes machines offer a profitable alternative. We recommend you pass next time you see 8 liners for sale. Instead, get started with your own sweepstakes machines.
Running sweepstakes machines allows you to provide legal excitement. By offering fun promotions, you can provide patrons the chance to win great prizes. As long as they do not pay money to enter the competition. Instead, you can offer entries into the sweepstakes when people buy items from you. For instance, if you sell beer, you could offer 25 sweepstakes entries with each bottle of beer. Your customers could then use their entries to play digital sweepstakes games. This encourages people to spend more time at your establishment. And that means more revenue for your business.
Tejas Vending offers a full Sweepstakes program (for no upfront cost in most cases) and will set you up right so you don’t have to take the risk associated with 8 liners. Contact us today!
What are Sweepstakes Gaming Systems?
Sweepstakes games are becoming increasingly popular. This is a type of game that offers players the chance to win prizes in return for purchasing a product or service. Almost any product or service can be used for sweepstakes. But, things like donations represent a grey area and should be avoided. There is no purchase required to enter the sweepstakes, so it is not classified as gambling.
If you intend to run a sweepstakes bar, you will need a few pieces of things to get up and running. The most important elements will be computer terminals and sweepstakes software. These will combine to give you an effective sweepstakes gaming system. There are many sweepstakes providers you could choose from. But, they vary in quality. If you want to protect the reputation of your establishment and stay on the right side of the law, choose wisely.
Choosing the right Sweepstakes Gaming System Provider
Sweepstakes are an effective way for entrepreneurs to grow their business. To get the most out of these systems, you need high-quality sweepstakes software. Here are some quick tips to help you select the right gaming system for your sweepstakes:
1. Legal Compliance: This is the most important. The company you choose must follow the gaming laws of your State. In fact, a well-run sweepstake should not involve gaming authorities at all. Sweepstakes games are legal across America, as long as they do not involve gambling. Work with a company that has a strong commitment to legal compliance. This way the software offers an excitement for your customers while keeping you out of hot water.
2. Satisfying Gamer Experience: Your sweepstakes gaming system should provide such a positive experience. Gamers should be motivated to keep returning to your establishment to play. If your software provider cannot offer games that have the ability to keep players glued to their seats, then you are leaving money on the table. Look out for features that gamers love. Jackpots, free spins, and in-game bonuses. These all help make the gaming experience more enriching. And great experiences will ensure that people keep coming back.
3. Variety of Games: People will quickly become bored if there is only a limited selection of games. Each time they visit your establishment, offer them something unique. Gamers crave variety. Offering a wide range of games means that players will spend more time and money with you. Select a provider that can offer your players a large selection of games to keep them satisfied.
4. Customer Support: Sweepstakes gaming systems can be complex to setup and manage. For this reason, it is important that you choose a provider with exceptional customer service. They should be able to answer all your technical questions on time because delays cost money.
Sweepstakes gaming systems provide a reliable way for you to offer a unique gaming experience to your patrons. Find a provider that’s committed to creating unique, fun experiences. This will ensure that people keep coming back to your establishment. Contact Tejas Vending and let us show you how to add profits legally!