Official Sweepstakes Rules
HELP A HERO SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO PLAY AND WIN
A PURCHASE OR DONATION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING A PRIZE
PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: HELP A HERO! SWEEPSTAKES is an in store promotion taking place at Your Establishment, 144 East 1st Street, Anywhere, Texas 71234 – TABC Permit No.: XXXXXXXX. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by and benefits __________Refer to Exhibit “A”________________________. The Sweepstakes begins January 1, 2016 ends when the supply of promotional entries is exhausted, or 11:59 p.m. December 31, 2016, whichever occurs first. The number of prizes available at the beginning of the sweepstakes will change as the promotional entries are dispersed and prizes are awarded. The customer may reveal the amount of the prize they have won, if any, at the cash register or they may use an optional computer program with entertaining game theme displays at a Participant Terminal (PT) to reveal the value of the prize assigned to each of the promotional entries. The number and type of prizes to be awarded and the odds of winning any given prize are listed below. Prior to the beginning of the sweepstakes the finite set of sweepstakes results is generated by a Server Computer and securely stored. When the sweepstakes begins the promotional entries are drawn, delivered to the participant, and the value of the prize is revealed using one of the methods described below. A player does not have to match numbers or symbols that are randomly drawn. There are no symbols on the entries. The entry only contains the value of the prize assigned to the entry. Further, prizes are not awarded on the basis of numbers or symbols conforming to randomly selected numbers or symbols. Should the player win they may claim the prize from the attendant.
- HOW TO OBTAIN ENTRIES: Participants receive one-hundred promotional tokens with (1) purchase of the designated product special; (2) each one dollar donation. Entries may also be obtained by one of the alternate methods of entry without a purchase or donation described below. The sweepstakes does not differentiate between sweepstakes promotional entries received with a purchase or donation from those granted by request with no purchase or donation. All promotional entries, whether received with or without a purchase or donation have the same chance of winning any of the prizes. These promotional entries have no cash value and may not be redeemed for anything except the prize assigned to the entry. Prizes are expressed as cash prizes. Prizes will be redeemed by an
- NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY: Entry is made, either with a promotional entry accompanying the purchase of a product or service, or by donation, or by the following two methods without donating or purchasing a product: (a) For in-store promotional entries, go to Your Establishment, 144 East 1st Street, Anywhere, Texas 71234 and request 100 promotional entries / tokens without a purchase or donation, complete the request form and receive an entry. In store promotional entries without a purchase or donation are limited to one request per person per day; or (b) To receive a promotional entry by mail, hand write your request, including your name, address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number. Mail this request, along with a stamped self-addressed envelope, to Your Establishment HELP A HERO! SWEEPSTAKES– Your PO Box, Anywhere, Texas 71234. Each request for a promotional entry code must be mailed in a separate outer envelope. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests for entries will be accepted. There is no limit on the number of requests for entry codes by mail. Allow 21 days for receipt of your entry code. Sponsor will return an entry in the return envelope to be taken to the in-store location to determine if you are a winner. Sponsor and its advertising and promotions agencies are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, postage due requests, delayed mail delivery, lost or stolen entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical or human. Sweepstakes entry requests are the property of Sponsor and will not be
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to U.S. residents, over eighteen years of age. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of this location, Sponsor and its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. If you do not agree to the Rules in their entirety, you are not permitted to enter the
- REVEALING ENTRIES: The sweepstakes does not differentiate between sweepstakes entries granted through a purchase or donation from those granted by request with no purchase or donation. All promotional entries, whether received with or without a purchase or donation, have the same chance of winning any of the prizes. The sweepstakes provides two methods for revealing the amount of the prizes won. Neither the method nor game theme display chosen to reveal entries nor the number of entries chosen to be revealed increases nor decreases your chance of winning any given prize. One method utilizes the entertaining video game theme displays and the other does not:
- Participants have the option of asking the employee to open their promotional entries and reveal their unclaimed prize in its entirety at the cash register. The attendant will open a screen that displays the prize amount assigned to the entries. The attendant will then redeem the prizes
- The participant may choose to open and reveal the entries by using the PT without engaging any of the game themes.
(3) Participants may also choose to open and reveal the entries by using the computer game theme displays, which are an entertaining method of incrementally revealing the awarded prize amount.
If you open more than one entry at once, the prize won on each individual winning entry is shown and the cumulative total is shown if you had more than one winning entry among the entries opened. There are a finite number of entries in the Sweepstakes. Odds for winning sweepstakes entries are listed below and are the same for all game themes. The game theme selected does not affect or determine the value of the prize.
- ROLE OF THE GAME DISPLAYS: THE GAME THEME DISPLAYS HAS NO ROLE IN DETERMINING THE AMOUNT OR TYPE OF PRIZE ON AN ENTRY. THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE VALUES SHOWN ON THE GAME THEME DISPLAY AND THE VALUE ASSIGNED TO AN ENTRY. THE NUMBER AND TYPE OF PRIZES ASSIGNED TO EACH PROMOTIONAL ENTRY WAS ASSIGNED BEFORE THE SWEEPSTAKES BEGAN AND CANNOT BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED.
- TO CLAIM A PRIZE: All prizes are subject to verification by attendant. Prizes are not transferable, and no substitution of prizes is permitted. Prizes awarded from malfunction of games are not redeemable. Any discrepancy arising from entry in the sweepstakes shall be determined by Sponsor and all decisions are final. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected mail. Verification and payment of prizes may take up to 72 hours. Winning game entries will not be returned. Prize winners agree to the use of their name, address, and photograph for publicity purposes without compensation.
- TAXES: All federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of prize
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Neither Sponsor nor any service providers are responsible and shall not be held liable for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, or computer equipment or software, or any printing, mechanical, or other error or irregularity. If for any reason, including but without limitation, fraud, tampering, technical failures, malfunctions, printing, mechanical or any other factor the Sponsor believes in its sole and unfettered discretion the integrity of the Sweepstakes is impaired, the Sponsor, may in its sole and unfettered discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. Sponsor may disqualify anyone it finds or suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PT, SERVER, POS OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, it’s directors, officers, employees, distributors, representatives, agents and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, Sweepstakes System manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors (collectively “Service Providers”) and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the ‘Released Parties’) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance, or participation in or inability to participate in Sweepstakes or use of or inability to use any prize including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes, technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; printing errors; errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability is limited to the amount donated by Participant, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney’s fees. Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Participant agrees that Texas law shall govern and any cause of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by the Texas State Courts and the U.S. Federal Court in Texas.
- DISCRETIONARY ENTRY: Participation in the Help A Hero! Sweepstakes is discretionary. A Donation or purchase of a product does NOT automatically enter the donor / purchaser in the sweepstakes. A donation is NOT required to enter the sweepstakes. The purchase of a product is NOT required to enter the
- SPONSOR: __________Refer to Exhibit “A”
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND THE AWARD OF PRIZES IN THE HELP A HERO! SWEEPSTAKES.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
More Official Rules
PROMOTIONAL GAME OFFICIAL RULES
HOW TO ENTER: For every $1.00 donation, you will be given, free of charge, 100 promotional game entries. You may also obtain free promotional game entries by following the no-donation-necessary rules below. You can reveal the results of your promotional game entries at the time of receipt from the cashier or you may choose to reveal the results at a computer terminal in the facility. The odds of winning are the same regardless of (1) whether they are provided in conjunction with a donation or through the no-donation-necessary method; and (2) the method you choose to reveal each entry.
NO-DONATION-NECESSARY, METHOD OF ENTRY: As an alternate means of entry into the Tejas Vending LP (“Sponsor”) promotional game, you may either (i) mail a legible photocopy of your driver’s license or other government identification and a legibly handwritten request for a game piece, providing your First and Last Name, Complete Mailing Address (e.g., Street, City, State, ZIP code), Telephone Number, Date of Birth, Age and Email Address to the address of the location at which you are using or accessing the Software (the “Operator Address”), or (ii) present your driver’s license at the location from which you are using or accessing the promotional game and request free game pieces. Approved submissions and requests will receive one hundred (100) promotional game points within fourteen (14) business days. For a list of winners, you may mail a request for such information to the Operator Address. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles handwritten request are permitted. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due mail. Limit of one no-donation-necessary request per person per day. Mailed requests must be received no later than December 31, 2016.
TO CLAIM A PRIZE: All prizes may be claimed at the Operator Address.
PROMOTIONAL PERIOD/TERMINATION: Promotional period begins on January 1st, 2016 at 12 a.m. Eastern Time (ET), and ends on the earlier to occur of (i) December 31st, 2016 (ET); (ii) or when all available entries are distributed. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend, modify or cancel the promotional period or the promotional game, at its discretion, at any time.
RESTRICTIONS AND RELEASES: Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. All promotional games are void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify any promotional game if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the promotional game, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify you or any other individual it finds to be tampering with any promotional game, or to be acting in violation of these promotional game official rules.
Any attempt to damage or affect the legitimate operation of any promotional game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from all responsible parties to the fullest extent permitted by law. By participating in any promotional game, you agree not to contest the outcome of any promotional game and to fully comply with these promotional game official rules.
You agree to hold harmless Sponsor and its respective affiliates and licensors, and the directors, officers, members, employees, attorneys and affiliated organizations and agents of each of the foregoing, for any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may result or be incurred by you or any other person from (i) participating in any promotional game, or the receipt or use of any prize won in any promotional game; (ii) any unauthorized human intervention in any promotional game; (iii) any technical errors related to computers, printers, servers, providers or telephone or network lines; (iv) any errors in the administration of any promotional game; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by your participation in any promotional game.
ELIGIBILITY: The promotional game is open to any individual that is a U.S. resident eighteen (18) years of age or older that has accepted these promotional game official rules, unless such individual is a resident of any state or jurisdiction where the promotional game is prohibited by law, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Employees and contractors of the location operator, Sponsor, Sponsor’s Licensor, and their respective family members (defined as parents, spouses (including domestic partners), siblings and children) and any other persons residing in the same household as an employee or contractor of the above, may not under any circumstances participate in any promotional game or win any prize in any promotional game.
ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning are set forth in the notebook provided at the Operator Address. No-donation- necessary promotional game entries have the same odds as the promotional game entries received in conjunction with a donation.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL THE SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTIONAL GAME OR YOUR RECEIPT OF (OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE) ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, EVEN IF THE APPLICABLE PARTIES ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF A LEGAL CLAIM OF ANY KIND RELATING TO ANY PROMOTIONAL GAME OR THESE PROMOTIONAL GAME OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED AND NO/100 DOLLARS ($500).
CHANGES TO PROMOTIONAL GAME OFFICIAL RULES: The Sponsor may change or modify these promotional game official rules from time to time. By continuing to use or access the promotional game following the posting of such changes or modifications, you agree to be bound by these promotional game official rules, as they may be changed or modified from time to time.
MISCELLANEOUS: These promotional game Official Rules will be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Georgia, without regard for its conflict of law principles. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be filed exclusively in a state or federal court located in Fulton County, Georgia, and you consent to such forum and waive any objection that you may have to the laying of venue in such forum.
NO DONATION NECESSARY DONATING WILL NOT HELP YOU WIN
Your odds of winning without making a donation are the same as the odds of someone who donates. It is illegal to give any advantage to donors in a sweepstakes.
PROMOTIONAL GAME POINTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, HAVE NO CASH VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH